Common causes of muscle pain
You don’t have to be a gym junkie to experience muscle pain. It can be caused by:
- overuse of a muscle
- any kind of physical activity you’re not used to
- an injury (strains and sprains)
- muscle tension
If you have muscle pain and you are concerned please speak to your healthcare professional for further advice.
Recommended for you
NUROFEN JOINT & MUSCULAR PAIN RELIEF MEDICATED PLASTER
Advice for how to get muscle relief
Here are some things you can do to help relieve muscle pain caused by injury or overuse:
- Rest the affected area
- You can apply an icepack or ice wrapped in a towel, or else use heat therapy. Do not apply ice directly to your skin.
- In conjunction with hot/cold therapy, you could try a pain relief option such as Nurofen Express 200mg Liquid Capsules.
- To help relieve muscle pain caused by exercise or stress:
- Gently stretch the affected muscle and keep moving with some gentle exercise
- Avoid very strenuous or high-impact activities for a while, after the injury
- Use relaxation techniques, such as meditation, to reduce tension
- Try a medicated gel for pain relief such as Nurofen Joint & Back Pain Relief Max Strength 10% Gel.
Prevention is the best way to help avoid muscle pain
There are some simple things you can do to help reduce muscle pain:
- Warm up before, and cool down after exercise
- Exercise regularly to keep your muscles in good condition
- Avoid exercising when you are very tired
- Stay well hydrated
- Keep your home and work environment free of clutter, to help avoid accidents
- Have a good stretch every now and then, especially if you work at a desk.